Saturday, August 11, 2012

A glimpse into the life of poor, newly-wed students

I was making bread the other day, and when I pulled out our "rolling pin" (aka: plastic wrap) to roll out the dough, I had to laugh a little bit about the way our apartment bears witness of our poor, newly-wed lifestyle. I have gotten used to the ways things are around here, and sometimes I forget that some of these things aren't necessarily "normal." But hey, whatever works, works.



We'll never forget the summer we spent in Vegas, and the 140 nights we slept on the little air-mattress that hugged our bedroom floor...

(Don't worry! We DO have sheets and pillowcases. They were in the wash.) 


Or that nasty wooden box I used for my bedside table...



And lets not forget that classy dining table that doubled as heather's desk!


...There's more...but I think you get the idea.

You know, I'm glad that Ev and I are a low-maintenance kind of couple. We don't need fancy things to be happy. We have so much love for each other and are continually amazed by the blessings we receive each day. We seriously have an ENDLESS list of things to be grateful for...

...including a saran-wrap rolling pin, a card table in the dinning room, a bed to sleep in, and even our ugly wooden box.

No comments:

Post a Comment