Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mid-Summer Sacrifices

During the previously mentioned pillow talk session, Ev and I decided to make some mid-summer sacrifices. He committed to exercising at least three times a week, and I committed to staying off of Facebook for the rest of the summer! Facebook has a few up-sides... but they're far outweighed by the down-sides. I don't know about you guys, but being productive makes me happy! Sometimes Facebook stands in the way; always looming, just a click away, threatening to turn off my brain and steal an hour (or two) of my life away from me.


Thanks to my 15-year-old self for dramatically illustrating this point. (Facebook: shutting down my brain and eating away at my life.)
[Not sure why I never deleted this picture, but now I'm so glad I kept it.] 


Here's the thing. I know that most of you only ever visit this sad little blog when you come across a link to it on Facebook. SO... if by chance, you still want to get updates, you could either join our three little followers over there <---- or you could follow by e-mail over there ---> easy peasy!

So there you have it. You can ALL hold me accountable now! Anyone up to making some mid-summer sacrifices of your own?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not lying when I say this is inspiring. I'm so tired of wasting time on fb...then maybe I'd have more time to blog! ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather-- it is Kati from high school. :) I absolutely agree with you, FB is such a waste of time and then you find yourself comparing your life to others. No bueno. I have really enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for the inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete